For a Limited Time Only: A (Kind of) Signed Playoff Portrait of People and Creatures Tangentially Related to the Dallas Mavericks
For a Limited Time Only will periodically feature ridiculous Mavericks merchandise, but is mostly just a rip-off of The Sporting News’ First Cuts blog and ‘Phenomenal Swag’ as popularized by Ball Don’t Lie. Cheers, inspirational blog bros.
The Mavs sent out the following email, with an exclusive offer for the beautifully confusing artwork pictured above:
As a valued Dallas Mavericks customer, you have the first opportunity to purchase a giclee replication of this one-of-a-kind, pencil-drawn piece by sports artist Pat Payton. The artwork, which commemorates the Mavericks’ run during the 2010 NBA Playoffs, comes in two different sizes – 24×36, priced at $495 and 8×10, priced at $75. All proceeds from the sale of these giclees benefit the Dallas Mavericks Foundation.
Each 24×36 giclee includes:
- Hand-enhancements by the artist, who spent 144 hours creating the original piece
- Seven replica player autographs – Jason Kidd, Caron Butler, Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, Erick Dampier, Shawn Marion and Brendan Haywood
- Authentic artist autograph with individual number Custom frame and premium quality acid-free suede matte
- Limited edition of 210
- $495 + $50 shipping and handling
Each 8×10 giclee includes:
- Seven replica player autographs
- Authentic artist autograph with individual number
- Custom frame
- Limited edition of 2010
- $75 + $25 shipping and handling
For the paltry sum of $495, you can have a portrait of (clockwise) a Ninja Turtle, Evan Eschmeyer, Drew Gooden with a tan, a meerkat, Dirk Nowitzki, Popeye Jones, and ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin, complete with all of their fake autographs. It’s for a great cause — the Dallas Mavericks foundation works with youths all over the metroplex — and who could say no to the must-own piece of barely Maverick-related memorabilia of the season?