UPDATE: This listing is now closed. Thank you to all those who applied.
Another offseason brings another chance to expand our staff. We here at The Two Man Game are again looking to beef up our operation, this time by adding an additional recap writer to our growing legion. Whether you’re a long-time reader or seeing this site for the first time, you’re welcome to apply for the position. All that really matters is the following:
- You’re interested in recapping Mavericks games in our local format, called “The Difference.” It’s stylistically simple; all that’s needed for each recap is one bullet point of analysis for every point in the game’s final margin. As a result, close games are viewed with scrutiny and blowouts with the wide range of discussion they deserve but rarely receive. To see examples of the format in action, click here.
- You’re technologically capable of watching every Mavs game. It doesn’t much matter if you’re a Dallas local or a League Pass subscriber, but access to every Dallas game is a must for this position.
- You’re available and willing to cover roughly one-third of the games this season (with a recap filed postgame), and reachable and responsive via email.
That’s it. The recapping job is an unpaid position, though this platform can still be of great use to those looking to diversify their portfolio, add a byline, or break onto the NBA writing scene. If you’ve applied for a position here at The Two Man Game in the past (or sent in your résumé or work samples during the season), I’d encourage you to apply again to make sure that you’re properly considered.
If you’d like to apply, please send an email to TheTwoManGame[at]gmail.com with the following:
- Some information about yourself, your background, and your writing experience.
- Some explanation of your schedule, and any added information on how that might impact your availability to write. Do you have a full-time job? Do you work nights? Are you a student?
- A few writing samples that you feel are indicative of your ability and style. If you have a game recap of some kind to submit, all the better. If you don’t have any NBA-specific writing experience, please put together some thoughts on a Mavs-related topic of choice.
There is currently no deadline for applications, but keep in mind that once this void is filled, that’s that; the search could theoretically wrap at any time, so be sure to send in your emails as soon as possible.