A bit thin again, today. Get used to it, Mav-heads; It’s summertime.
- Jason Kidd has had a triple double against 27 of the 30 teams in the league. I wouldn’t count on him going for the cycle, though.
- Check out the latest Podcast Paroxysm, which has absolutely nothing to do with the Mavs. Unless you count Brandon Bass, in which case it has a small link to the Mavs.
- This humble blogger wouldn’t dare tell real journalists how to do their jobs, but this article rubbed me the wrong way.
- Mark Cuban, via Gary Washburn of FanHouse, on the possibility of Dirk opting out next summer: “I’ve got a good relationship with Dirk…I’m not worried about [Dirk opting out] one way or another. You try to rebuild while you’re winning. You try to add a young piece here and a young piece there and see what happens. We’ve been doing this for nine years, 10 years now and every couple of years everybody say well it’s time to rebuild and we don’t, so we’ll see.”
- Cubes, via the same post, on Jason Kidd’s contract: “That’s just part of the drill. You don’t expect him to play at the same level all three years…You hope so, but at the same time, that’s just the way NBA contracts work. It gives us a lot of flexibility. But Jason’s a special athlete. And we have a young point guard so a lot of times you can add value beyond on the court.”
- The Jazz have decided to match the Blazers’ offer sheet for Paul Millsap, which means two things: The Mavs aren’t the only team left out in the cold on the restricted free agent market, and the Western rival Trailblazers aren’t adding significant pieces.
- Busting the myth that the Mavs overpaid for Shawn Marion.
- I think this is what they call “rubbing it in.”